This is not an official or government-led website, so there is no need to assume any particular stance.
I am an ordinary Chinese person. Since graduating from university, I have lived and worked in many places around the world—sometimes on short-term assignments, and at other times for longer stays. I have worked in economically advanced and proud nations, as well as spent time in some of the world’s poorest countries like Malawi and Botswana, which faces high rates of AIDS; I have strolled along the fashionable Fifth Avenue in Paris and wandered through the bustling street markets in India; I have swum along the Atlantic coast and gasped for breath on the streets of Bolivia……
Though I no longer travel as frequently, I still often interact with friends from various countries. These diverse experiences have deepened my understanding of the world and fueled my desire to help others better understand China. This is the primary motivation behind the creation of PeacefulChina.com .
While a few friends occasionally assist in writing articles, the main content updates and maintenance are handled by me. Rest assured that there will be no AI-generated spam articles here, the entire content was conceived, taken, reviewed for relevance, manually organized and written by me and my friends. If you are interested in learning more about China, you may find this site to be a good way.
Finally, I would like to pay tribute to and express my gratitude to my mother, a remarkable woman who worked tirelessly her entire life without the opportunity to enjoy the prosperity of the times. She is a great, wise, hardworking, brave, responsible, and resilient mother who faced illness with unparalleled strength. May she enjoy peace, health, and happiness! And may all the kind, ordinary, and extraordinary people in the world find peace, health, and happiness!
巍巍昆仑山下,汩汩江河源头
Under the majestic Kunlun Mountain where the river bubbles from its source
我背着小书包,穿过麦田又翻过铁路
I carried my little schoolbag through the wheat fields and over the railroad
听妈妈的歌
Listening to my mother’s song
吃她做的菜
Eating her cooking
是我岁月里最幸福的时光
It was the happiest time of my life
平凡而又伟大的人啊
You, ordinary but great people
该如何怀念您
How should I miss you?
您教我
You taught me
做正直善良的人,我做到了
To be a decent and kind person, and I did
做热爱生活的人,我也做到了
To be a person who loves life, and I did too
做感谢祖国的人,我还是做到了
To be a person who thanks the country, I still did
做知恩图报的人,可您却不在了
To be a person who knows how to repay kindness, but you are gone